How do I list an item?
Talk me through how I get paid step-by- step
- The Renter sends a request to the Owner for an item. Credit card details are provided
- You accept the booking within 3 days (but ideally much earlier!) and the renter’s credit card is charged for both the rental fee and the bond.
- On pickup day, meet with the renter and ensure you request the unique code word. Once the code word has been entered, Kindershare will release the rental fee (less applicable charges) to you – it may take about 2 days to arrive in your bank account.
- On the day of the return, inspect your goods. If you are happy with everything,the bond will be returned to the Renter.
- In the unlikely case of an issue, please lodge a claim with Kindershare within 24 hours of the agreed Return Date so that we can pause the bond return and initiate a dispute.
Why is the code word necessary?
I have a business renting out children’s equipment. Can I list my products here?
Yes, in the same way that many taxi drivers also use Uber to get rides, you can list your products to attract more customers to your business. Please remember to register as a business and include your ABN.
The renter has suggested cancelling the transaction on Kindershare and paying directly with cash.
Ensuring the transaction is processed through Kindershare helps cover our running costs and will make sure we stay online to help you next time you want to rent out an item. You will also miss out on a rating which will help with future rentals.We are unable to assist with any disputes for transactions taking place outside our website.
The renter has requested an extension to the period of rental
Please note that if you extend the rental agreement outside of the platform, insurance coverage and the Kindershare Guarantee will no longer apply.
My item was not returned, or was damaged on return
Please note, in line with our terms, failure to notify Kindershare of a failure to return,or damage to the goods, within 24 hours of the end of the rental period may result in claims to the bond or under the Kindershare Guarantee being denied.
The Kindershare Guarantee excludes reasonable wear and tear and other situations where compensation is not available.
How much should I set my bond?
what is the Kindershare Guarantee?
To be eligible for the Kindershare Guarantee, your bond must be set at 20% of the replacement cost of the relevant item. Please note that reasonable wear & tear is excluded from the Kindershare Guarantee.
Detailed descriptions of the Kindershare Guarantee are available in our Terms